Hi,

The problem exists with other PDF viewers as well. I've tried foxit reader
and it has the same issues.

We are looking at re-writing templates not to use spanned columns where
possible, and for other cases where this is not possible we will have to
fall back to fop 0.20.5 which works as expected.

This is  definitely a fop isuse and not an Adobe Reader issue.  The fact
that we have a template transformed to pdf in fop 0.20.5 which renders
correctly in both Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader, yet when transformed with
fop 1.0 it renders incorrectly in both Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader points
to a fop issue.  The only part of the equation that has changed is replacing
fop 0.20.5 with fop 1.0.

We'll just treat it as a bug and if we get time to look into the source
ourselves we will do so, otherwise will have to be mindful of the issue
going forward.

Thanks,

Reeve.