Hi all:

Many people have discussed the idea of using variables or <$volnum> to drive
the title of a book into multiple files. There are benefits and drawbacks to
each and I'll leave that method alone for now.

(as an aside, if you do a lot of importing of variables--or any formats--check
into http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/importformatsspecial/index.htm for a
great utility)

What I often do is build the title in a file, such as "cover.fm" and then build
a folder structure along the lines of the following example:

\book_folder\

cover.fm

germany.fm

england.fm

finland.fm

mexico.fm

russia.fm

Each file for each nation is based on the same template. In the template I view
the master pages and in the footer/header of each page I place an xref to the
BookName paragraph that I put into the cover. Then all I ever need to do is
update cover.fm and update xrefs. In doing so I get a fully dynamic link that
jumps to the cover (should I need that) and I also get a complete and dynamic
way to update the title.

Hope that helps as well.

I'll demonstrate that in the presentation I do at the DITA conference to anyone
who wants to see it. Additionally, I'm doing a whole set of online training
sessions include some on template development in which I will show this. For
details, see:
http://www.publishingsmarter.com/pages/teach/conference_event.html

You can follow links from there.

Bernard