From: Michael O'Neill [mailto:mone...@meta-comm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 5:35 PM
To: Sam Beard; swhite at alamark.com
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: OS 9 Applications on Tiger

I'm running this on a Mac Mini with a G4 proc.

It's been a long time since I set it up, but as best as I can remember,
I installed the Classic environment as part of the initial setup and
configuration of Tiger.  This required the use of a "Classic"
environment disk (again, if I remember correctly).

When I try to open a Classic (OS9) application, the Classic environment
opens automatically within OS X and the application I originally tried
to open runs within this.  I don't boot to Classic or do any dual
booting shenanigans.

In the System Preferences, there is a "Classic" icon under "System" that
allows me to set various Classic options, including starting when
logging in, warning before starting Classic, various memory usage
settings for Classic, and more.

OS 9/Classic does NOT appear as an option when under Startup Disk
preferences.

Sorry I can't provide too many details.  It's been a long time since I
initially set it up and I use Classic less and less frequently every
week that passes.  At least I know that in at least my circumstance,
Classic does work on Tiger.

-Michael