I'm wrestling with this one on behalf of a remote colleague...

He's just upgraded from FrameMaker 6 to FrameMaker 7.1 on Win XP-Pro SP3. After
doing so, he finds that all his Zapf Dingbats characters are rendering as
plaintext, even though the Character Designer says that the font is Dingbats,
as expected.

I'm on Mac and don't have enough experience of Windows FrameMaker installations
to fox this out. If he sends me a sample document, the Dingbats appear
correctly in FrameMaker 7.1 for Mac. Both of us see what would be expected in
the Character Designer.

Is this some Windows thing, perhaps?
--
Steve