From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Alan
Litchfield
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 1:04 PM
To: Art Campbell
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com; Richard Melanson
Subject: Re: Importing Multi Page Tiffs, How ??

Multi-page tiffs are pretty common really.

I remember replying to this, so I am not certain why it has come up
again. But anyway I suggested opening the tiff in an application that
supports multi-page tiffs (probably *not* Photoshop) and print the file
to PDF (press-quality settings if you want to print it). This produces a
multi-page PDf which can be easily imported into FM.

Alan

Art Campbell wrote:
> Richard,
> I think you may have uncovered a rare bug. I hadn't ever seen a
> multi-page TIF before... and I bet the coders hadn't either. I'd
> expect Frame to treat it as a multi-page PDF and prompt you to select
which page to display.

> May be worth opening a bug on it.
>
> The only work-around I can suggest is to either cut the TIF into
> single pages with something like Photoshop or create a PDF from it, so

> you can select which page to display.
>
> Art
>
> Art Campbell
>          art.campbell at gmail.com
>  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent

> and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
>                                                      No disclaimers
apply.
>                                                               DoD 358
>

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Richard Melanson
> <rmelanson at spirecorp.com>wrote:
>
>> I posted this yesterday and was just wondering if anyone received it,

>> thank you.
>>
>> Hello Framers,
>>
>> I have spent the last couples of hours trying to find an answer to
>> this question. I am importing by reference TIFFs into a Framemaker 8
file.
>> The TIFFs are a single file with multiple pages, but Frame is only
>> importing the first page. What am I missing here, I sure hope this is

>> not embarrassingly easy answer. Thank you for any help you can give
me.

>> Rick
>> or visit
>> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/art.campbell%40gm
>> ail.com
>>
>> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/alan%40alphabyte.c
> o.nz

Alan Litchfield MBus (Hons), MNZCS
AlphaByte
PO Box 1941, Auckland
http://www.alphabyte.co.nz

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/clint.owen%40craneae
rospace.com

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the survey link to tell us how we are doing.

http://www.craneae.com/surveys/satisfaction.htm

Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your time.

The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message
and all attachments from your electronic files.

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal