Managing your content, one topic at a time
www.anthrobytes.com
951-369-8590
IM: sharonvburton at yahoo.com
Twitter: sharonburton

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Sharon Burton
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:19 AM
To: 'Avraham Makeler'; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Find <text> Apply <tag>

1. Create a new character style with the attributes you want. Call it
TextItalics, for example.
2. Create a variable. Call it CompanyName.
3. Define the variable with the name of the product, using the new character
format, as needed.
4. Replace an instance of the current product name text with the CompanyName
variable you create.
5. Select the variable. Press Ctrl+c. The variable is copied into the
buffer.
6. Open the Find/Replace.
7. Type the text you want to find - in this case, it's the name of the
company.
8. In the Replace area, select Copy from Clipboard.
9. Click Find Next.
10. Click Replace. Click Find Next.
11. Rinse and repeat until all text company names have been replaced with
your variable.
(This is all from memory, so parts may be slightly wrong)

The advantage to this is that when they change the company name again - and
they will - you change the value of the CompanyName variable and it's
changed through out the file. Import that variable into all other documents
and you're done.

Do this for the product name as well, because if they are changing the
company name, they'll change the product name. Usually at the last second.

sharon

Sharon Burton
MadCap Software Product Consultant
IM: sharonvburton at yahoo.com