On 13 Feb 2013 at 8:55, Ken Poshedly wrote:

> I just learned from Adobe tech support (via phone call) that the
> permissions in FrameMaker 11.0 have been modified so that the data
> files should also be on the same hard drive where FM 11.0 is
> installed. Working across drives (FM here, data files there) is no
> longer an accepted practice -- at least not with FM11.

Friends, if this would be true, I would have crashes all over the day. My habit
is to separate
programs and date since the beginning of computer time (against the Von Neumann
principle).
Programs are installed on H: and data are in D: (business stuff), E: (projects)
and G: (media). Well
physically these partitions are on the same hard drive - but imho FM could not
recognise this.

I even move programs installed on C: which are not system to another location -
this can not be done
with FM any more since version 10 due to an installation data base bypassing
registry and ini files.

So I'm sceptical about the statement of the Adobe technician. Can anyone
confirm my view?
Or - are the "data files" what i call files in the user area (aka Documents and
Settings) ?
These are set up by the system to be located on C:

Klaus Daube
Docu + Design Daube; Sch?racher 11; CH-8053 Z?rich
Technical documentation & consultancy; On-line and paper
F: +41-44-422 86 25  E: ddd at daube.ch  W: www.daube.ch