I'm not sure exactly what they were trying to explain, but I'm not aware of any
changes in FM's ability to work with files across networks. In fact, FM has
been able to use HTTP locations for linked files for multiple versions now.

Sounds like the tech support person was grabbing at straws.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
technical communication | online training | eLearning

twitter: @mattrsullivan
phone: 714 960-6840