Ken Poshedly wrote:

> Fourth, my coworker has experienced no FM crashes since moving his work files
> his hard drive where his FM program files are also located. Also, his files
> now
> seem to open and process far faster than before. Go figure.

Go figure? You really find it surprising that it takes longer to read/write
files across the network than on your local hard drive?

As several of us have tried to point out, it's local vs. remote that's making
the difference. Your coworker would be seeing the same increased reliability
and speed if he were storing his work on a second hard drive in his PC.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom