I wrote software reviews for Nextworld back in those days, and I don't
recall any printed documentation. The documentation for the operating
system, FrameMaker, etc. was all on disk. If you rummage around in the
FrameMaker directories, you should find it somewhere.

Next's own docs are online: http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Docs/

NextStep is still in development. The latest release is MacOS 10.15.