Martin Aspeli wrote:
> whit wrote:
>
>> my opinion is a little elbow grease to get this worked out now rather
>> than later would go a long way. eggs are bit of pain, but we don't
>> need to wait for any zope gods to descend from on high to make things
>> better.
>
> I agree in principle, I just can't bring myself to spend lots of time on
> low-level setup when I really just want to get something done. I still
> haven't managed to get eggs to work reliably for tests or Zope startup.
> I also find it a bit difficult to work with workingenv.py - not
> terrible, but I tend to interact with the same Zope instance in more
> than one terminal and then I need to keep the active env's in sync.

I always have one terminal for testing and one for running Zope in
foreground.  I also don't switch between environments too often.  For
me it's bearable to not forget to switch environments.

> And heaven knows how any of this works on Windows...

workingenv has been tested on Windows, AFAIK.  Also setuptools.  Plus,
we have a setuptools-enthusiastic core developer on Windows amongst
us. ;-)

Daniel