Alexander Limi wrote:
Some preliminary results of running a quick PTProfiler session on Plone 3.0 and trying to figure out what is slowing it down.

I was prompted to do this when I discovered that anonymous view of Plone 3.0 was about 30% slower than 2.5. Take these numbers as a general guide only, it's still early in the 3.0 process, and there's bound to be lots of improvement potential here.

Hi,

looking at some PTProfiler output for 2.5.* recently, it seems that by far and way the biggest bottleneck in Plone views is here/getAllowedTypes (I understand it's called twice), but it seems optimising that call would slash the time taken in container views. Any chance of that being dealt with for 3.0?

cheers
Bill