I don't know the current state/whereabouts of his work, but will try to find out. He rejoined Canyon when I worked there, and I had a few nice and interesting conversations with me, but can't really say I knew him. I like what I've seen of his work, and he definitely broke some major ground as a media artist, for which he will, I imagine, continue to gain recognition.

I'll do some checking about his work and where it resides. If I can do something about it to help, I'll be happy to, and can keep folks posted here if I learn anything.

Mark T

On Jul 27, 2013, at 12:38 PM, "Herb Shellenberger" <<mailto:he...@ihphilly.org>he...@ihphilly.org> wrote:

Here's hoping his archive and oeuvre becomes properly cataloged and accessible to scholars and cinephiles, if not somewhere local to the Ohio community that he fostered for so many years, than somewhere where it might be more accessible to larger numbers, like Anthology, the Academy and so on.

-----Original Message-----
From: FrameWorks on behalf of Cari Machet
Sent: Sat 7/27/2013 3:03 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Jud Yalkut RIP

i dont think it is in another realm > i think we are accountable as a
community for what happens going forward in regard to his work

 > On 27July/2013 11:50 AM, Michael Betancourt wrote:

 In talking with my students, the cut-off seems to be what they can find
 online easily (or in a DVD they can rent) vs what's shown in galleries or
 > screenings.

  perhaps a tribute can be made a memorial like we did with brakhage in
 nyc but mark fr the academy can possibly get him in the tribute they have
at the oscars too plus i dont know if his work is archived > maybe at MOMA
 ? anyone know?

  On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Chuck Kleinhans <
 <mailto:chuck...@northwestern.edu>chuck...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

  When I heard of his passing, I wondered how many younger folks had
 even heard of him, much less seen some of his work.