you cant unsubscribe this way and why do people do this kind of
'pronouncement' - its like acting out?

dont open the emails in a thread if its so horrific - what would you
fuckers do in a war zone for fuck sake?

i dont care if you leave the list really if you are so whiny

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Gisèle Gordon <gis...@urbannation.com>
wrote:

>  Please unsubscribe me from the list.  I thank everyone for the knowledge
> and wisdom they have shared.
>
> The current tone is unfortunate.  Perhaps people could email each other
> privately or meet for coffee to discuss their differences?
>
> I have very much appreciated all the knowledge that wisdom shared over the
> years, thank you again to this generous community.
>
> gisele
>

> On 15-03-31 10:59 PM, "Cari Machet" <carimac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> listen i am NOT a white person i dont react with a smile when i am faced
> with someone that doesnt even think about humility and self critique
>
> i would NEVER tell other people to 'calm down' it also lacks humility
>
> i went to art school where thankfully i was taught the art of critique and
> self critique which i think is an incredible gift - may others find this
> profound tool or even remotely think about the concept
>
> kelly you can also fuck off for playing the gender card and in such an
> offhanded way - disgusting and one of the many reasons i despise the very
> word feminist
>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Elizabeth McMahon <elizmcma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I apologize, in general, for whatever. I don't want to add to polemics
> that disdain and dissuade an inclusive environment.  Like Sasha, I barely
> contribute, to most listservs, for fear of attack and ridicule, and yet I
> did apparently myself, however, depending on your POV, regarding her
> remarks directed at Gene Youngblood, which really irked me, and I do not
> apologize for them. I hope their tone was professional, but if not, then I
> was wrong. I know I can be a smart ass, but I did have fundamental problems
> with Sasha's public comments of Gene's remarks, and I make no apology for
> them.
>
> Elizabeth McMahon
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 2:41 PM, chris bravo <iamdir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Saying that a film makes students want to commit suicide isn't a critique,
> its an offensive derogatory statement, which is directed not just towards
> the filmmaker, but towards her students especially.
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015, 1:27 PM Dave Tetzlaff <djte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chill out, people!
>
> This is a Listserv. People write short posts quickly, and hit 'Send'.
> "Rhetorical excess" comes with the territory as we dash off our thoughts
> w/o reflecting deeply about whether our wording will read to others with
> the meanings they had for us when they popped into our heads.
>
> I took Sasha's OP as meant to advocate for films that have a sort of
> perspective not-yet presented in the thread -- works one perhaps could call
> more 'post-modern' engagements with culture and identity. I took the crack
> about Wavelength as essentially tangential and polemic -- an observation
> that many contemporary students are not much engaged with the aesthetic
> [...]

Cari Machet
NYC 646-436-7795
carimac...@gmail.com
AIM carismachet
Syria +963-099 277 3243
Amman +962 077 636 9407
Berlin +49 152 11779219
Reykjavik +354 894 8650
Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

7035 690E 5E47 41D4 B0E5 B3D1 AF90 49D6 BE09 2187

Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
permission is strictly prohibited.