"Perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way, but I feel that the best way to
make women feel more included is to treat all people, male or female, with
the same respect. I would find it humiliating and excluding if I was a
woman and I found out that men were specifically giving me compliments
because their "woman manual" told them that women need more compliments
than men."
Mm, otherwise it seems like you are complementing just because they are
female, which has a chance of looking like ulterior motives. I think more
complementing of everyone would be a good thing in our community.