| Wait a minute! It may just be possible to install Linux after all. If you
| could trick the Boot Code into seeing a Linux Boot Disk as legitimate.
| You could then install Linux to the sata hard drive and boot it from the DVD
| Linux Boot Disk.

Isnt that why they give out certain keys to sign software (like the games) indivdually so that the Xbox360 runs only signed code?
Sure - if you get an employee at microsoft to give you that key to sign the stuff we would be a great step further -
But
a) I dont think we will get that
b) as soon as we do, microsoft will send out an update to block the software with that key

I think the only way to get into there is to hard-mod the console (modchip) -
lets see what the smart chinese / japanese modders can do :)

Consti