something strange, and is that if there are any space in a line it didnt
I can't reproduce that. I just added blanks when I trimmed the HUD display
a bit and it worked very well. Please check out current CVS and see whether
it still fails for you.
Yes, it still fails, I only see in the date Aug :-D maybe is a bug in Azatoth.. nothing really to worry about..

BTW, I reintroduced a fog effect for all tiles except the current one,
what do you think?
A bit brighty :D but much better than the blue-only skybox, have you tried to change the skybox to black? Maybe looks better..

Unfortunately I tried the fix, you see my comments at the end of the thread, to discover that the code uses a GOTO, wich is prohibited in C++ so I stop testing that.. but can be really useful for rendering a full forest.
goto works like a charm in C++ and it's really handy in some situations.
After all a goto is nothing but a high level representation of one of
the most basic assembly command, the JMP.

Tell that to g++ that refuses to compile it :-D I tried and it stops there..

A nice/simple improvement for 0.2.2 would be a two-layered water plane, that
shifts between them and gives the impression of floating water.
One of the tutorials by Xenorakis (sp?) uses one and it looks pretty nice.
You mean the one in step 10? the flowing water? That is not a double layer, is just a function that moves the plane up & down :-D I think we have that before, or in some tests I have done before, but I encountered a problem with that, and is that if you move very little the plane, at that distance is not going to be visible, so you need to move it more than a bit, so it goes up and cover the ship hull :D

I try to move it at the same time..

Maybe you can have a look at that. There are some water textures at
undone.clanlib.org/~grumbel/show.cgi
I try that, anyway, I have another solution to improve the scene, I send you an email with an attachement.
:D