> I was among the people that asked Steve to do the work; I'd have no
> trouble with you doing the integration/extraction.  You might just
> want to check that the recent alpha-related changes that were submitted
> for f2c are covered in the portified version.

This might be a good time to bring this up.
Might we create src/opt/ where things we are used to maintaining can be
put?  Nightly the latest src/opt/foo can be checked out and tarred up.

This way everyone can still work on and commit fixes to this software.
Just as happened for the Alpha.  With a tarball sitting outside of the
FreeBSD world, it is hard to be as responsible for the code.

Alternately, I guess we could just have the code live in
/usr/ports/lang/f2c/src/, but I don't know if Satoshi wants /usr/ports
to expand like that.

--
-- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)