David O'Brien wrote:
> > Each Makefile under the ports systems contains a maintainer line.  I
> > do not think it unreasonable for someone to send patchs directly to the
> > maintainer.
>
> Except that some maintainers dissapear, and maintainers w/o commit
> abilities still have to get someone to update the port for them.

Yes, I recognize that this is problem.  A partial solution might
be anoncvs to a shadow tree of the master ports repository.  Only
those ports in the shadow tree which satisfy portlint and "make;
make install; make package" would get committed to the master
repository.

Now, if Satoshi has read the above, could someone please revive him
and make sure he takes his heart medication ;-)

--
Steve

finger ka...@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~clesceri/kargl.html