* From: Steve Kargl <s...@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>

 * Yes, I recognize that this is problem.  A partial solution might
 * be anoncvs to a shadow tree of the master ports repository.  Only
 * those ports in the shadow tree which satisfy portlint and "make;
 * make install; make package" would get committed to the master
 * repository.
 *
 * Now, if Satoshi has read the above, could someone please revive him
 * and make sure he takes his heart medication ;-)

Um, I'm still alive but can someone explain me why this can't be a
"regular" port?  Being useful to some but not the majority, no other
parts of the system depending on it, this looks like a model citizen
in the ideal ports world. :)

Satoshi