On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

>Well, I understand that, my question is, why are true PCI devices like
>video controllers still shown as being on isa0 by the kernel?  I wanted
>an explanation of that.  That's what doesn't make sense to me.  Perhaps
>there's a valid PC/AT hardware limitation reason for it.  Otherwise it
>seems silly. =)

If you can forget something, so can I.  ;-)
I should have added:

vga0: <S3 Trio graphics accelerator> rev 0x00 int a irq 12 on pci0.16.0
vga0 at 0x3b0-0x3df maddr 0xa0000 msize 131072 on isa         ^^^^^^^^^
                                                  ^^^
That's what I'm talking about.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying