On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 06:21:58PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Peter Wemm writes:
> : Personally, I think we place far too much weight on the major number thing.
> : I think we should be allowed to bump it when the alternative is 'major pain'
> : to developers.
>
> The more I think about this, the more that I think that you are right.
> I'd go farther and also say that we won't produce a
> libcompat/libc.so.5.uu or any other "current only" libc versions.

Huh??  We've never made a compat lib of a -current shared lib before.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX

          • ... David O'Brien
          • ... Paul Richards_imap/mail.originative.co.uk/Inbox.sbd/New Mail.sbd/OpenLDAP.sbd/Devel
          • ... David O'Brien
          • ... Brian Somers
        • ... Warner Losh
      • ... Garrett Wollman