"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

>In aic7xxx_pci.c:ahc_pci_config() the call to ahc_pci_map_int(ahc) is
>failing.  bus_alloc_resource() appears to need more time than I have
>right now so that will have to wait till tonight :-)  It does look like
>a more fundamental problem below the scsi driver is involved.

I have the same problem: the call to ahc_pci_map_int(ahc) is failing.

The following function call returns NULL in ahc_pci.c:

208             ahc->platform_data->irq =
209             bus_alloc_resource(ahc->dev_softc, SYS_RES_IRQ, &zero,
210                                0, ~0, 1, RF_ACTIVE | RF_SHAREABLE);

This function is in pci.c:

1192 static struct resource *
1193 pci_alloc_resource(device_t dev, device_t child, int type, int
*rid,
1194                    u_long start, u_long end, u_long count, u_int
flags)
1195 {
1196         struct pci_devinfo *dinfo = device_get_ivars(child);
1197         struct resource_list *rl = &dinfo->resources;
1198         pcicfgregs *cfg = &dinfo->cfg;
1199
1200         /*
1201          * Perform lazy resource allocation
1202          *
1203          * XXX add support here for SYS_RES_IOPORT and
SYS_RES_MEMORY
1204          */
1205         if (device_get_parent(child) == dev) {
1206                  /*
1207                  * If device doesn't have an interrupt routed, and
is deserving of
1208                  * an interrupt, try to assign it one.
1209                  */

1219         }
1220
1221         return resource_list_alloc(rl, dev, child, type, rid,
1222                                    start, end, count, flags);
1223 }

The device must have an interrupt routed due to the deleted code
fragment were not executed. So I think this must be a problem within the
the pci resource allocation procedure. Put I don't know how this works.
So it is difficult for me to find the error.

Maybe you have an idea, where the problem is. I try to find out at which
day this error occur to find out which changes were made.

--
Falco Krepel                    Phone:  +49-(0)30 - 34 63 - 7 276
GMD-FOKUS                       Fax:    +49-(0)30 - 34 63 - 8 276