> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > >I think I found the problem. The problem occur since 03/14/2001. The
> > >following files could be infvolved:
> >
> > You'll have to ask Soren about this.  It looks like one part of
> > ata-all (this is in -stable), clears the RF_SHAREABLE flag.  I
> > don't know why this would be necessary for a PCI IDE device.
>
> Yea, this bit me in the ass too and Soren mumbled something about how IDE
> devices are allowed to violate PCI spec or something (at least thats how
> it sounded to me).

The interrupt is shareable; the BIOS knows best, and the ATA driver
should sod off in this case.

If we want to argue about it, we can get a dump of the PCI interrupt
routing table for this machine. 8)  Soren's concern is that some systems
route IRQ 14 and 15 very oddly, but the only region for conflicts is
really IRQs assigned to ISA devices.