:It is my understanding that with the new directory layout strategies, this
:will be improved somewhat.  ie: a single page is much more likely to cache
:up to 8 directories.
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter
:--
:Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:"All of this is for nothing if we don't go to the stars" - JMS/B5

    Only in the drive's own cache.  Our VM Page cache is object-oriented,
    meaning that even though directories may be packed in the filesystem,
    they will not be packed in the buffer cache / VM Page cache.

                                                -Matt