I was merely relating what the summary was.  But, I think you fail to
understand the point - the summary said that
the shading is impossible to reproduce accurately on small items, a
reduced color image simply is an official statement of "yeah, we know
it's
flawed in that it cannot be accurately reduced, so here's a substitute"

It is like you got a car that is leaking oil at a rate of a quart a week
and
someone's "fix" for it is to give you a coupon for 4 free cases of oil.

I guess that's technically a "fix", hope your rod bearings stand up to
it, though.

Ted