Yawn.... You are exactly what I'm talking about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Mittelstaedt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 9:56 PM
To: Born, Clinton; Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Cc: FreeBSD Questions
Subject: Re: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Born, Clinton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Born, Clinton"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 10:24 AM

> A predilection to evangelize tools that supports ones own belief in
> software superiority is what curtails our ability to move any platform
> forward. I would keep a hesitant eye on any individual that holds such
> fervent beliefs.

Do you keep a hesitant eye on Microsoft, then?  Since they are one of
the
biggest evangelizers of their own tools there is...

> I have old NT servers that have run Disney.com

Apparently, not.

> for
> several years and have served us well. Technology is an enabler, not a
> divider. Too many people unknowingly adopt the later.

This is just a load of dingos kidneys.  Your no better than anyone else
you
are just spewing to sound superior.

The "best tool for the job" why that is a loaded statement if there ever
was
one.
There are precious few jobs
out there that I can think of that there are not multiple, different
tools
for that
many people use with equal success.  In fact the only one that comes to
mind
is pulling the tilt steering wheel on a 80's-90's GM vehicle, since it
uses
special tool that only SnapOn ever manufactured.

One person's "best tool" is another person's junk tool.  This is a
subjective
judgement if there ever was one.  And there is really nothing wrong with
it.

Sorry if it offends your politically correct credentials (good example
of
why
disney's quality has gone down the toilet in the last 20 years) but it
does
not
harm anyone's ability to move any platform forward to have a bunch of
vocal
detractors out there.  Everyone loves their platform of choice and it is
perfectly
OK for them to be as vocal as they like, and nobody is harmed for that
happening.

The people who are willing to be open minded will use a mix of tools
from
Microsoft and the rest of the world, and the people who are closed
minded
will use tools from Microsoft, and neither is going to pay any attention
whatever
loudmouths are bandmouthing their choices.  That's the way the world has
worked in the past when IBM was king people did the same thing, and
that's
the way it will always work.

You can stand up an be counted as an open minded person, or you can use
NT
and stand up to be counted with the closed minded people who only use
Microsoft solutions.  It's your choice.

Ted

--
> Shire.Net LLC
> Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:31 PM
> To: Born, Clinton
> Cc: FreeBSD Questions
> Subject: Re: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?
>

> On Jul 27, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Born, Clinton wrote:
>
> > Really? I wouldn't want such a myopic view when choosing to
> > allocate our
> > shareholders dollars. Best tool for the job. Period!
>
> That is not as easy as you make it out to be.  WHat one might in the
> short term see as the best tool may not be such in 2 years when
> support is dropped and you are in a forced obsolescence and have to
> replace it with something else...  So making value judgments like
> tools that are known to be well supported on FReeBSD for example is
> part of determining the best tool for the job
>
> Chad

Kant