On Jul 28, 2006, at 1:25 PM, jan gestre wrote:

On 7/28/06, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 27, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Born, Clinton wrote:

> Really? I wouldn't want such a myopic view when choosing to
> allocate our
> shareholders dollars. Best tool for the job. Period!

That is not as easy as you make it out to be.  WHat one might in the
short term see as the best tool may not be such in 2 years when
support is dropped and you are in a forced obsolescence and have to
replace it with something else...  So making value judgments like
tools that are known to be well supported on FReeBSD for example is
part of determining the best tool for the job

these are FUD!

????  There is nothing there that is FUD.

always think positive and don't be a cynic. nobody knows what will happen
two years from now, right?

No, you can't, but often past history can predict pretty well how some companies will behave. If companies have a history of quickly dropping support etc then they probably will continue down that path. Of they provide open source drivers and commit back into the project, they will probably continue with that.

Chad