Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 14/12/07 Giorgos Keramidas said:

Tcsh is a fine shell.  I'm using it all the time (that's how I found out
that a buglet reported by Kris Kennaway a few months ago was indeed a
bug which I could reproduce too).

I always found csh/tcsh aliases annoying, since there are no shell functions.
I also found the shell redirection awkward.

There;s one item that is much more easily done in csh/tcsh than in the sh based ones .... that's redirecting the stderr along with the stdout. with tcsh, when I do a make, I commonly do a:

make |& tee makeout

which causes both the stdout and stderr files to be redirected to the "makeout" make listing file. I;'ve never figured out any reasonably simple way to do that in any sh-like shell. Is there any simble way that you know of?

It's ok otherwise, but I've since become addicted to bash. Mind you, I'm sure
some tcsh users could point out some features that bash doesn't have.
Mike