> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-
> tags.html
> >
>       So if I read it right:
>
>       RELENG_4_7_0_RELEASE - First ever 4.7 release. Oldest and never
> updated past that day it was tagged
>
>       RELENG_4_7 - More current than _RELEASE, but only with critical
> updates.
>
>       RELENG_4 - More current than 4_7, has non critical updates and
> tweaks, but doesn't guarantee it being 4_7 branch.

Sounds right.

>       So there isn't a way to make sure I stay in 4.7, but get all the
> fixes, right?

Well... that would surely be RELENG_4_7 i.e. the 4.7 release + security
fixes required.

As soon as you want general updates to the system then you're talking about
moving from 4.7-Release onto the 4-Stable branch.

I'm no FreeBSD developer so if someone wants to explain better what each of
the tags means feel free.

Phil.