Lucas Holt wrote:

Aside from mailing lists, I tend to be a top poster. I don't like when people leave the last 12 emails and then bottom post.. i have to scroll all day. The other irritant is people who actually post in the middle of messages. That breaks the "FLOW" as well. After someone replies top or bottom its VERY hard to read.

How about a new convention. Delete everything but the last reply in the thread when you send to the list and say bottom post. I can live with that as a top poster. If I don't have to scroll all day to bottom post, its not a big deal.

The bottom line is that people reply. This list is here to help users with FreeBSD. I'd take an answer to my questions in any format!

I'm the same way. I take out everything but the last post. (including any .sigs) As for reading them any other way, I like them like I'm doing now or sectioned off to answer the questions or what not as they come down.

eg...

Original E-mail: > Question: Is this proper?

Next e-mail: Answer: Sure, IMHO

Original E-mail: > Question: Are you sure?

Next e-mail: Answer: of course.

Otherwise, hey everyone. I'm Michael and I'm new to the list. Been using Linux si
nce 98 and for the past 5 days, I've done nothing but FreeBSD.

bigbsd~>>> uname -a
FreeBSD bigbsd.one-arm.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Sat Mar 20 15:14:02 CST
2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FW-BSD i386
bigbsd~>>> df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a 126M 59M 57M 51% /
/dev/da0s1f 252M 10.0K 232M 0% /tmp
/dev/da0s1g 15G 9.6G 4.4G 68% /usr
/dev/da0s1e 252M 34M 198M 15% /var
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
/dev/ad4s1 56G 690M 51G 1% /mnt/storage
bigbsd~>>>

I'm not quite brave enough to go to 5.2.1. I must say, in the last 5 days, I've learned more about FreeBSD than I really learned about Linux since '98.

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael D. Whities