Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
I'm not an FS developer but from experience as an admin that
feature - nullfs mounts into a hypervisor - while greatly desired,
looks quite nontrivial to implement.

i think what's called for is a vdd of some kind, similar to the virtual ethernet and virtual disk drivers. yes, it would appear in the guest at the vfs layer. i'm surprised that the qemu community doesn't already have it.

this is something virtualbox gets wrong, by the way. it offers something that sounds like what i want, but then implements it as SMB.

don't get be wrong -- UFS and NFS work for me, and i love bhyve as-is.

--
P Vixie