--On 06 August 2015 13:46 +0200 Roger Pau Monné <roger....@citrix.com> wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, as usual I've been busy with a bunch of other
stuff. You can find the patch against HEAD here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~royger/0001-xen-allow-disabling-PV-disks-and-
nics.patch

The description is self-explanatory I think. I've not tried to apply it
to stable-10, but I don't think there have been many changes in this
area in general. If you need help backporting it ping me and I will
provide a suitable version.

Hi,

Thanks for the patch! - I couldn't apply it automatically (not entirely sure what to do with a git diff like that :) - and, the hvm.c part of patch wouldn't apply cleanly anyway (too much difference).

*Having said that* - I applied it by hand to my 10.1-R system, and it seems to work perfectly. I've put the XENHVM and xenpci back in the kernel, re-enabled veridian for that VM, and put 'hw.xen.disable_pv_nics=1' in boot loader.

I now have a PV disk, but HVM NIC (re0) based machine - that's agile, and works with OpenVPN and inter-VM routing.

I can post the standard 'diff -u' patchset against 10.1 back to the list if needed (I know other people had PV NIC issues and were using the same non-agile "boot as HVM" fix for it).

Cheers,

-Karl