On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> On 13/08/07, Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> >
> > >  Noticed that freeciv.spec.in still contains package for gtk-client
> > > (that is: gtk1.2). Attached patch fixes obvious errors from
> > > freeciv.spec.in
> > >
> > >  - gtk-client package removed
> > >  - typofixes
> > >  - doc/PEOPLE removed
> > >  - history ruleset removed
> > >  - amplio tileset added
> >
> > I have spec for beta4 (for ALTLinux), however, it produce only gtk2
> > subpackage. It also contains several ALTLinux-specific macros.
> > Anyway, it is attached.
>
>  Thanks. It helped to find some more required things to add.

Two quick notes:
+ Packager field contains wrong e-mail address.
+ Why there is no gui-sdl?

I'm going to make beta6 package for ALTlinux soon (as soon as there
will be updated .desktop files and icons), therefore I'll test our
spec-file.

PS. It seems to me that we may move away from alternatives, assuming
that civclient is always gui-gtk-2.0 client. However, I had some
thoughts about making civclient a wrapper that will try to find
and start clients in our order. (Well, it can be created for *nix
systems, not for win*; but we don't have rpm for win* :), so that
shouldn't be a problem if we'll have patch, applying in spec.)
Maybe there is more general solution.

--
Thanks, evyscr