> That would mean this patch only replaces need to check min/max values (at
calling side) with need to check for returned error message.
> I would use callback function that handles error messages. In case of
ruleset loading ruleset_error() could be passed as such a callback function.

I added such a callback function for the new function proposed by me. If this
is the right way to go, I will do this for all secfile_*() functions. The
attached patch is only an example. If I code this, it will be a new ticket

Furthermore, there will be a function registry_error(error_handle, ...) which
will be the main error handling function within registry.c (code is nearly
done)

(file #6487)

File name: 0001-add-error-handle-for-registry-functions.patch Size:15 KB