Here's the essence of an alternative fix, which adds requirements to the
effects rather than changing the semantics of EFT_DEFEND_BONUS in the code.

I'm not sure I don't prefer your fix, though. EFT_DEFEND_BONUS is already
pretty tightly tied to implementing city walls or similar city defences, so
it probably doesn't hurt. Plus your fix could be back-ported to S2_1 if
desired, whereas mine couldn't (the CityTile universal doesn't exist on S2_1
IIRC).

(file #9391)

File name: S2_2-greatwall-effect.diff     Size:0 KB