Update of bug #16413 (project freeciv):

                Severity:                1 - Wish => 2 - Minor
         Planned Release:                         => 2.3.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

> 2) Another issue about Gold upkeep:
> I have been testing a lot this system, watching AI behavior
> carefully, and I have seen the AI sometimes enter banckrupt
> due to the ammount of units supported by gold, and when
> buildings start to be destroyed they lose even more money due
> to missing marketplaces, banks, or temples replaced by
> luxury...
> At the end I have seen some AI unable to restore positive
> income, losing most of the buildings in their cities, and
> still supporting a huge ammount of units...
>
> It might be a good idea to disband at least one unit supported
> by gold, everytime you end turn with negative cash.

This (untested) patch changes the gold upkeep style 2 to alternatively sell
an unit and an improvement. Please test it.

Part 1 needs another ticket ...

(file #10063)

File name:
20100828-01-trunk-update-gold-upkeep-style-2-to-sell-alternatively-a-u.patch
Size:16 KB