After the luasql patches I got the idea to create a lua scritp AI. It would
use some hooks (mostly the functions defined in ai.h) which would call
corresponding lua functions. The lua script would be seperate for each AI of
this type.

In the beginning each of the lua functions would call the corresponding
'default' AI function. This could later be extended to a set of lua function.
Thus, I think that for the AI a set of 'common' (helper) functions is needed.
As first basis for the common functions I propose the functions defined in
./ai (or a supset of them). But this requires that the AI modules are defined
below that level in ./ai/<module> ...