As for reproducing it from the original savegames in this bug, I can't:
* If I load file #12778 into the 2.3.0-beta3 or latest S2_3 codebase and take
bvanevery, I can't see that there is a city on that tile at all, let alone one
with the wrong flag (of course I can confirm Carnot's existence if I connect a
separate global observer).
** This seems wrong; I think I've seen behaviour like this before, where the
player's view of cities is not saved correctly; I think we have a separate bug
here.
* If I load file #12781 into 2.3.0-beta3, bvanevery sees Carnot, owned by the
correct nation (Central African).

I'll post my own reproduction case next.