Well, I'm having a little problem here - not with the patch itself, as even
unitselect.c changes weren't that extensive, but with the server.

I've checked out r20415, as it's the last before branching (and I think I'll
stick to the 2.4 branch for the time being) and once I try to start even gtk2
client (which obviously isn't affected by my patches), I get only as far as
the first dialog.

If I chose any of options that would start the local server, the client
hangs.

If I try to start the server itself, I'm only getting:
0: bind failed: Cannot assign requested address

This obviously means I can't test my own patch, so till somebody helps me
with that, any progress is likely to be halted.