Update of bug #18835 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:           2.4.0, 2.3.1? => 2.4.0, 2.3.2?

Follow-up Comment #25:

Playing with the patch, it looks good. I think it could go to S2_3, but at
this point I think I'd like to wait until after 2.3.1, so that it can get some
time in test before a release.

Some things I've found in testing (with trunk r20457):

If I detach the "Diplomacy [N]" tab as a separate window and then close it:
0 Unlike other tabs, it doesn't go back into the notebook. (This may be
deliberate.)
0 It's no longer possible to meet with a partner with whom a meeting was in
progress -- selecting "Meet" does nothing obvious.
0 Trying to Meet someone who I wasn't already meeting with causes a segfault
(gui_dialog_set_title (dlg=0x0, "Diplomacy [7]") -- in this case there were 6
meetings open before, so despite the notebook disappearing, it still thinks
they're open in some sense).
I suspect the "Diplomacy [N]" dialog is getting "lost".

(I think I've got into a situation with symptom 2 but without the segfault
for new meetings, as well, but I don't know how I did that.)

The other, more minor issue is keyboard shortcuts -- there are clashes (some
pre-existing):
* Two "_Add Clause..." clash with each other
*  Two "_Gold" clash with each other and "_Game" menu
*  "_Cancel meeting", "_Cancel all meetings" clash with each other and with
"_Combat" menu
Keyboard shortcuts are a pain, and I've convinced myself that taking into
account the existing shortcuts on the menubar, Messages and Chat tabs, there's
no way of getting a unique set of shortcuts.
We could abandon shortcuts for the "Add Clause" and "Gold" widgets, and do
"Cancel _meeting" and "Cancel _all meetings" . The Diplomacy tab isn't very
keyboard-accessible anyway (no way to switch to it).