On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:48:07PM +0100, Matthias Pfafferodt wrote:
> > Yes; I did a check and due to the changes in trunk these patches do not
> > apply anymore. I will try to create a patch set which can be used on top
> > of the longturn branch. I will use the lt.diff from 29. October as a
> > starting point.
>
> Done; see attached file. I did focus on patches by me. Thus, some bug fixes
> could be missing! It implements all the lua changes done for S2_4

After applying the patch, and compiling with
'./autogen.sh --disable-nls --disable-client --enable-fcdb=postgres'
I get the following error:

libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libaicore.a  aisupport.o path_finding.o pf_tools.o
cm.o citymap.o caravan.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libaicore.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libaicore.la" && ln -s "../libaicore.la"
"libaicore.la" )
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv/common/aicore'
Making all in scriptcore
gmake[4]: Entering directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv/common/scriptcore'
../../dependencies/tolua-5.1/src/bin/tolua -n common_a -o
./tolua_common_a_gen.c \
-H ./tolua_common_a_gen.h ./tolua_common_a.pkg
gmake[4]: ../../dependencies/tolua-5.1/src/bin/tolua: Command not found
gmake[4]: *** [tolua_common_a_gen.c] Error 127
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv/common/scriptcore'
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv/common'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
rm packets_generate
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv/common'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dude/src/freeciv'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I noticed the patch you made removes ltauth.[ch], can you explain a bit to
me what my next step is, if I want to write auth as a lua script?

> If you plan to continue to support S2_3, I think it would be easier to rebase
> all longturn patches to S2_4 and do one patch which changes the network
> protocol to be compatible to S2_3. An advantage is that you could easily
> switch to the new version. As you do plan to do auth and newcommers /
> respawn(?) in lua, the diff would also be smaller.

Well, hopefuly after rewriting all patches to lua there will be no problem
in rebasing to S2_4. Only the patches that substitute nation name for player
name will be left.

Frankly, I don't know why I was so reluctant to lua before - it seems a really
great idea!

--
Michal Mazurek