I was about to ask the same thing re client vs server assertions.

I've just built 2.4.0-beta1 and downloaded the v2.4-2 modpack via
freeciv-modpack and I also can't provoke the savegame into any assertions.
Perhaps an exact sequence of steps? -- I wasn't sure which player to /take,
for instance.

> assertion 'same_pos(unit_tile(pcargo), unit_tile(ptrans))' failed.
We know we have a lurking problem with the client not being kept up to date
with unit state (bug #19612, bug #19904). If this message is from the client,
could be more of the same?