> So as I see it, a new capsrting will only harass any modpack
> developers, being forced to do replacements in many files,
> untimely, and, without any benefit for the final standard users.

There's many kind of capstrings. We were not talking about ruleset one, but
network protocol one. It might not be worth maintaining in the patch as it
sometimes changes several times a day, but it must be updated when committing
- incompatible server & client won't work correctly together, leading
hard-to-debug-problems, potentially to crashes, so they must know their
incompatibility from the start not to even start the game.