> But why do you think games where first map generation success
> with random seed are reproducible?
I think I must have been thinking of games with explicitly set mapseed,
although I didn't make that clear.
For some reason in my autogame script I explicitly set both gameseed and
mapseed for a new run.
More generally, the main case I see for only setting one seed is gameseed=0
mapseed=<chosen>, if you've got a randomly generated map you really liked, or
wanted players to study in advance or whatever. That doesn't work right now if
the mapseed triggered a retry.

I agree that with mapseed = 0 but explicitly set gameseed, you can't currently
expect to get reproducible results regardless of retries.

That generally seems like an odd configuration to ever use, given that with a
different map the game will go differently anyway. Is there any reason why
mapseed shouldn't follow purely from gameseed without the time() factor?