As long as I've been hacking freeciv, I've been unhappy with how transported
units are assinged to a tile, and not just to their transport. This bug seems
like a argument for doing it so. Having transported units really in the
transporter, movement of whole package would be atomic, and there would be
cases where some parts of the package are in one tile and other parts in
another tile.

Not that I'd want such a fundamental change to stable branches (or even TRUNK
this close to S2_5 branching) for resolving this particular ticket, but
something we may want to do in the future.