                 Release: 2.3.4
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

When selecting a group of units (using Ctrl-V for instance), and putting them
in sentry, the whole unit set is indeed put in sentry (one can see that their
state as been updated, except for the one in focus), but focus still goes
through all of them in turn.

This is not happening every time, but it occurs under certain conditions which
remain to be clearly identified.

Step to reproduce:

 - start a new game
- select all the units on the start tile (using V shortcut or the menu)
- put them in sentry mode once (shortcut S)
- select all the units again
- put them in sentry mode

Now you have to cycle through each unit even though they are supposed to be in
sentry.

This problem happens for the gtk2 client, but might also be there in other
clients.

You'll find a patch attached which solves the issue (potentially for any
client).

I am not sure if the solution offered is the most appropriate one: the issue
does not happen for other orders (I just tried with irrigate) though it
seemingly uses the same algorithm to update the units state. I must be missing
something somewhere.

File Attachments:

Date: ven. 24 mai 2013 13:42:08 GMT  Name:
fix-focus-unit-list-when-unit-put-in-sentry.tgz  Size: 583 o   By: didc