Update of bug #21105 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => sveinung

Follow-up Comment #4:

In case you misunderstood: The server IS enforcing the rules. An illegal order
won't be executed. After SVN commit 23285 it will even tell the player that
the action is impossible. The problem is that an unmodified client may THINK
an action is against the rules and refuse the player to do it when it can't
KNOW that its illegal.

The target in my example HAD writing. Writing was the requirement. Therefore
the server would allow it. Unmodified clients didn't know the target had
Writing as no embassy informed them. They therefore refused the player to
issue the order.

> That's bad!
I agree that clients refusing the player to do potentially legal actions are
bad. Clients modified to not check gives an advantage to their user. Because
of that I filed this as a bug. Because of that I asked for advice on how the
clients should be modified.