So, with patches 4411, 4482, 4561, 4602, 4621, and 4632 landed, the issues I
described with the AI reliance on separate nreqs becomes somewhat important,
but I'm not convinced this is the appropriate ticket for them.  Does anyone
have suggestions on whether these issues are a bug or a patch?

For the actual textual changes, I believe the attached patch would be correct
(but do not believe the current codebase would be accurately described by
applying this patch).

(file #20510)

File name: README.effects-quick.patch     Size:1 KB