>I've been keeping a couple of rulesets synchronized with freeciv TRUNK. I
also have updated some rulesets from freeciv release to freeciv release. I can
tell that latter is much easier. Though the step is bigger, it's just one step
and you can copy stuff from other rulesets quite liberally.
I agree. And now that civ2civ3 is hosted here, being updated each time the
ruleset format changes, it is much more easier this step to update other
rulesets based on it.

I think we can continue working as we did until now. I can keep working on an
alternative modpack named "expciv2civ3" or similar, instead of the old
"civ2-3", where I can introduce the changes that could affect the gameplay
most, in order to test them. And I can send to cazfi a new version everytime
that it is released a new version of freeciv, as we used to do.
I could keep a public repository of it, if someone interested, but since it
will be a fork of civ2civ3, other people will be able to submit patches here
for civ2civ3, that will not be hard to apply to this "expciv2civ3".

A name that I'm liking for this alternative ruleset is "earth_civ2civ3", since
it was designed to be played with earth maps, and I like to keep an earth
scenario linked to it.